- 2 oz Vodka
- 6 oz Clamato Juice
- 2 Shakes of Tobasco Sauce
- 2 Shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Shakes of Angostura Bitters
- Rimming Salt
- Lemon Slice
Icecubes to Hurricane Glass
- Rub lemon Juice along the rim and add rimming salt to Glass
- Add Vodka, Tobasco, Worcestershire, Bitters and Clamato Juice to Shaking Glass. Add a Pinch of Rimming Salt to Glass. Shake Mixture
- Pour drink over ice cubes in the
- Add Garnish
Walter Chell created the Caesar recipe in 1969 as a signature drink for the opening of a new Italian restaurant in Calgary. The caesar drink was meant to reflect the flavours of spaghetti alla vongole – spaghetti with clams and tomato sauce.
The Caesar is much like a bloody mary except we use Clamato juice – a strange concoction of clam and tomato juice. It’s also very similar to the michelada in Mexico, which is also a hangover cure. But surprisingly the caesar was inspired by Italy.